The spring / summer merchandise has started filtering into stores and here are some tips to give you a head start and help you navigate the new looks for the season:
- Ice cream pastel colours from glacier blue, spearmint green, buttercup yellow through to soft rose is all the rage in all items from top to bottoms and accessories.
- Pure white in clean-cut chic shapes to more lacy, feminine variations.
- Global traveller never goes out of fashion, think tribal beading and exotic prints in earthy colours.
- Sub-Sahara in desert shades such as sand, tan and ochre has a strong safari influence in this summer’s merchandise.
- Metallics are back again with a vengeance in gold, silver or bronze. Must be the influence of the Olympic Games!
- Prints from paisley design to tropical island florals are seen everywhere and not only in dresses and tops but pants, be it in skinny’s or into the new silky pajama pants.
- Monochrome, black and white is also still a firm favourite this season.
- Colour blocking continues into summer from winter where we started to see it emerge quite strongly.